This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The outcome of crisis intervention therapy that should be identified for a patient who has been ... (Read 67 times)

Bernana

The outcome of crisis intervention therapy that should be identified for a patient who has been apathetic, fatigued, and feeling helpless since the recent birth of her baby is that she will:

a. experience reduced anxiety.
  b. undergo personality change.
  c. identify the need for a support system.
  d. return to the precrisis level of functioning.

Question 2

James Taylor, a 22-year-old psychiatric patient with schizophrenia, is refusing his antipsychotic medication. He states, I don't like the dopey way it makes me feel. I feel like I'm walking under water when I take it.

The nurse explains to him, Your schizophrenia is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain, and this medication helps fix that chemical imbalance. You need to take it so your symptoms will get better. This conversation between a patient and a nurse is an example of a conflict between which two types of ethical principles?
  A) Autonomy and justice
  B) Paternalism and veracity
  C) Justice and nonmaleficence
  D) Autonomy and beneficence

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

underwood14

Answer to Question 1

D
A return to the precrisis level of functioning is the expected outcome for crisis intervention.

Answer to Question 2

D

Bernana

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Wow, this really help

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library