This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The outcome of crisis intervention therapy that should be identified for a patient who has been ... (Read 68 times)

Bernana

The outcome of crisis intervention therapy that should be identified for a patient who has been apathetic, fatigued, and feeling helpless since the recent birth of her baby is that she will:

a. experience reduced anxiety.
  b. undergo personality change.
  c. identify the need for a support system.
  d. return to the precrisis level of functioning.

Question 2

James Taylor, a 22-year-old psychiatric patient with schizophrenia, is refusing his antipsychotic medication. He states, I don't like the dopey way it makes me feel. I feel like I'm walking under water when I take it.

The nurse explains to him, Your schizophrenia is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain, and this medication helps fix that chemical imbalance. You need to take it so your symptoms will get better. This conversation between a patient and a nurse is an example of a conflict between which two types of ethical principles?
  A) Autonomy and justice
  B) Paternalism and veracity
  C) Justice and nonmaleficence
  D) Autonomy and beneficence

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

underwood14

Answer to Question 1

D
A return to the precrisis level of functioning is the expected outcome for crisis intervention.

Answer to Question 2

D

Bernana

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library