This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A member of a social skills group says, I'm leaving town. I've been offered a better job, and I want ... (Read 21 times)

daltonest1984

A member of a social skills group says, I'm leaving town. I've been offered a better job, and I want to create new memories with new friends..

Which nursing intervention would initially be the most therapeutic facilitation of this member's termination from the group? a. Thank the member for sharing before focusing on the group's agenda.
  b. Provide adequate time for the members to exchange goodbyes with each other.
  c. Direct group reflection regarding the ultimate termination of the group itself.
  d. Allow the members to share any negative feelings regarding the termination.

Question 2

The identification of intervention strategies designed to increase self-efficacy among members of a minority neighborhood group would occur in which phase of the nursing process?

a. Assessment
  b. Analysis
  c. Planning
  d. Implementation
  e. Evaluation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mariahkathleeen

Answer to Question 1

B
When a member of the group prematurely terminates, it is initially important for the group members to have time to say goodbye, followed by a discussion related to their feelings and growth in the group and reminiscing. Avoiding this would hinder the emotional growth of the group members.

Answer to Question 2

C
Planning is the elaboration of strategies designed to achieve a specific goal.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library