This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A member of a social skills group says, I'm leaving town. I've been offered a better job, and I want ... (Read 23 times)

daltonest1984

A member of a social skills group says, I'm leaving town. I've been offered a better job, and I want to create new memories with new friends..

Which nursing intervention would initially be the most therapeutic facilitation of this member's termination from the group? a. Thank the member for sharing before focusing on the group's agenda.
  b. Provide adequate time for the members to exchange goodbyes with each other.
  c. Direct group reflection regarding the ultimate termination of the group itself.
  d. Allow the members to share any negative feelings regarding the termination.

Question 2

The identification of intervention strategies designed to increase self-efficacy among members of a minority neighborhood group would occur in which phase of the nursing process?

a. Assessment
  b. Analysis
  c. Planning
  d. Implementation
  e. Evaluation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mariahkathleeen

Answer to Question 1

B
When a member of the group prematurely terminates, it is initially important for the group members to have time to say goodbye, followed by a discussion related to their feelings and growth in the group and reminiscing. Avoiding this would hinder the emotional growth of the group members.

Answer to Question 2

C
Planning is the elaboration of strategies designed to achieve a specific goal.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library