This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A staff nurse is told in orientation to expect to receive performance appraisals in various forms. ... (Read 23 times)

clippers!

A staff nurse is told in orientation to expect to receive performance appraisals in various forms. The nurse can expect that these will be: (Select all that apply.)

a. collaborative practice.
  b. interdisciplinary.
  c. administrative.
  d. professional.
  e. clinical.

Question 2

Which of these patient statements would indicate an understanding of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies? (Select all that apply.)

a. I read that melatonin can help some people sleep better..
  b. Ginkgo biloba is proven to help both my concentration and memory..
  c. I'm thinking of taking St. John's wort to eliminate my severe depression..
  d. I've heard that omega-3 fatty acids have some positive effects on depression..
  e. Herbals are produced and packaged under conditions similar to medications..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ebe

Answer to Question 1

C, E
Administrative performance appraisal involves the review, management, and regulation of competent psychiatric nursing practice in which actual performance is compared with role expectations in a formal way. Clinical performance appraisal is guidance provided through a mentoring relationship with a more experienced, skilled, and educated nurse.

Answer to Question 2

A, D
Research on ginkgo biloba does not support that statement. St. John's wort may have some efficacy in mild to moderate depression, but there are no evidence-based findings on its use as treatment for major depression. While the manufacture and selling of medications is managed by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), this is not true of herbals. Currently the guidelines are much less stringent.

clippers!

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

smrtceo

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library