This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly admitted client in a psychiatric inpatient unit, states, I attempted suicide because that is ... (Read 83 times)

rosent76

A newly admitted client in a psychiatric inpatient unit, states, I attempted suicide because that is the only way I can get away from him. The client is in a severely abusive relationship and fears for her life.

The client's husband sends flowers to the unit and a card asking her to come back, but takes no responsibility for his behavior. How should a nurse interpret the husband's behavior in relation to Walker's Cycle of Battering?
  A) Phase I: The Tension-Building Phase
  B) Phase II: The Acute Battering Incident
  C) Phase III: The Honeymoon Phase
  D) Phase IV: The Forgiveness Phase

Question 2

A nurse is planning a unit education with staff about vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) in the field of psychiatry.

The nurse would conclude that patients with which type of disorder would be most likely to benefit from this therapy, given current evidence? a. Depression
  b. Anxiety disorders
  c. Sleep disorders
  d. Addiction disorders

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sarajane1989

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A
The most compelling use of VNS in psychiatry is in the treatment of affective disorders, particularly depression. Because the vagus nerve has many functions, it should be studied in the future for other conditions, such as anxiety disorders, obesity, chronic pain syndromes, addictions, and sleep disorders.

rosent76

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library