This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client in an inpatient psychiatric unit approaches a nurse. She angrily reports, Someone took my ... (Read 46 times)

anjilletteb

A client in an inpatient psychiatric unit approaches a nurse. She angrily reports, Someone took my lunch I'm tired of being treated this way.

People need to respect others and you need to do something about this right now Before responding, the nurse should be aware of which concept regarding milieu therapy?
  A) Conflict should be avoided at all costs in inpatient psychiatric units.
  B) Conflict should be resolved by the nursing staff.
  C) Conflict that arises provides good opportunities to practice skills that clients are learning.
  D) Conflict resolution should be addressed only during group therapy.

Question 2

Belenky and associates theorized that the highest perspective of knowledge occurs when the knower:

a. seeks to integrate intuitive knowledge with knowledge learned from others
  b. sees knowledge as personal and private
  c. acknowledges that knowledge comes from authorities and can be received by the knower
  d. sees the self as subject to the knowledge and information from some other authority

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

atrochim

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A
Belenky theorized that the highest perspective of knowledge occurs when the knower views the self as capable of creating knowledge, and both objective and subjective strategies for knowing are valued. The constructed knower seeks to integrate the voices and blend both the knowledge that is intuitively considered personally important and that which is learned from others.

anjilletteb

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

raenoj

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library