This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A couple has been married for 18 years. Their child says to a nurse, I just want to go out and do ... (Read 28 times)

darbym82

A couple has been married for 18 years. Their child says to a nurse, I just want to go out and do things like all the rest of the kids. Mom says it's okay, but Dad says I'm too young.

The mother allows the child to do whatever the child wishes to do when the father is at work. In the structural model of family therapy, what should the nurse recognize as having occurred?
  A) Multigenerational transmission
  B) Disengagement
  C) Motherdaughter subsystem
  D) Emotional cutoff

Question 2

When a patient who immigrated to the United States tells a nurse that consent to electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) was only given because the patient's spouse said, They will deport you if you didn't do what they said to do, the nurse should

initially: a. reassure the patient that the decision is sound.
  b. discuss the reasons the spouse believed they must consent.
  c. explain that consenting to treatment will not stop deportation.
  d. document the comment and notify the health care provider immediately.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

efwsefaw

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D
When requirements for making an informed decision are not met, the health care provider will need to confer with the patient.

darbym82

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

upturnedfurball

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library