This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A couple has been married for 23 years. Their youngest child graduated from high school and moved ... (Read 33 times)

chandani

A couple has been married for 23 years. Their youngest child graduated from high school and moved into his own apartment 2 months ago. The husband has recently admitted to his wife that he has been involved with another woman for the past 6 months.

They seek marriage counseling from a psychiatric nurse therapist. The nurse therapist's role will involve which of the following? a. wellness
  b. prevention
  c. problem intervention
  d. case management

Question 2

An adolescent is just beginning individual therapy. The nurse suspects the adolescent is demonstrating resistance when stating:

a. There isn't anything so wonderful about this kind of therapy..
  b. I'm really busy and may miss some of our meetings because of things I have to do..
  c. I don't really need to be here. It's my parents who have the real problems, not me..
  d. It is so embarrassing to have to come here and talk with someone I hardly know about my problems..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lolol

Answer to Question 1

C
The family has experienced several major changes, including the youngest child graduating from high school and moving to his own apartment. The father's infidelity poses an additional stressor on the family system, particularly the husband and wife relationship. The therapist's for this situation would use a role related to problem intervention.

Answer to Question 2

C
Adolescents often test nurses early in the therapeutic relationship to see whether they are anxious, defensive adults or whether they will respond as authority figures. This type of behavior is called resistance. Interestingly, arguing is a way for adolescents to learn. Limit testing is a way for adolescents to see how firm and consistent nurses will be. Embarrassment about being in therapy is common in adolescents and can be discussed openly in a therapy session.

chandani

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library