This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A couple has been married for 23 years. Their youngest child graduated from high school and moved ... (Read 35 times)

chandani

A couple has been married for 23 years. Their youngest child graduated from high school and moved into his own apartment 2 months ago. The husband has recently admitted to his wife that he has been involved with another woman for the past 6 months.

They seek marriage counseling from a psychiatric nurse therapist. The nurse therapist's role will involve which of the following? a. wellness
  b. prevention
  c. problem intervention
  d. case management

Question 2

An adolescent is just beginning individual therapy. The nurse suspects the adolescent is demonstrating resistance when stating:

a. There isn't anything so wonderful about this kind of therapy..
  b. I'm really busy and may miss some of our meetings because of things I have to do..
  c. I don't really need to be here. It's my parents who have the real problems, not me..
  d. It is so embarrassing to have to come here and talk with someone I hardly know about my problems..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lolol

Answer to Question 1

C
The family has experienced several major changes, including the youngest child graduating from high school and moving to his own apartment. The father's infidelity poses an additional stressor on the family system, particularly the husband and wife relationship. The therapist's for this situation would use a role related to problem intervention.

Answer to Question 2

C
Adolescents often test nurses early in the therapeutic relationship to see whether they are anxious, defensive adults or whether they will respond as authority figures. This type of behavior is called resistance. Interestingly, arguing is a way for adolescents to learn. Limit testing is a way for adolescents to see how firm and consistent nurses will be. Embarrassment about being in therapy is common in adolescents and can be discussed openly in a therapy session.

chandani

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library