This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When trying to differentiate depression from dementia, the first clues to a misdiagnosis may be ... (Read 14 times)

lidoalex

When trying to differentiate depression from dementia, the first clues to a misdiagnosis may be that:

a. treating one disorder exacerbates the symptoms of the other disorder
  b. the primary symptoms are not being improved by drug treatment
  c. treating one disorder also improves the other disorder

Question 2

A nurse requests that a patient assignment be changed, saying, I learned in school that homosexuality is not an illness and I want to be therapeutic, but every time I see my patient with a same-sex partner, I think it's a sickness The nurse

is experiencing which stage of the self-awareness process? a. Anger
  b. Anxiety
  c. Choosing values
  d. Cognitive dissonance

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chloejackso

Answer to Question 1

B
The first clues for dementia having been misdiagnosed as depression may be that the primary symptoms are not being improved by drug treatment. Diagnosis for dementia is difficult in part because it is a diagnosis of exclusion. Several symptoms of dementia are shared with other illnesses, such as depression. However, depression, even among the elderly, tends to respond very well to drug treatments, whereas dementia does not.

Answer to Question 2

D
Cognitive dissonance arises when two opposing beliefs exist at the same time.

lidoalex

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

FergA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library