This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient diagnosed with depression tells a nurse, If I hadn't been admitted, I would have carried ... (Read 25 times)

bclement10

A patient diagnosed with depression tells a nurse, If I hadn't been admitted, I would have carried out my plan and everyone would have been better off without me.. The nurse responds:

a. It's frustrating when plans are interrupted..
  b. Things can still turn out all right for you while you're here..
  c. What specifically did you plan to do before you were admitted?
  d. I know you're feeling bad now but if you talk, things will be better..

Question 2

Case management for persons who are demented and live alone is one of the roles of which type of psychiatric nurse?

a. day-care center director
  b. psychiatric unit nurse
  c. home health psychiatric nurse
  d. advanced practice nurse

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aadams68

Answer to Question 1

C
Suicidal intent should be openly and directly investigated. The other options either provide false hope or are not directed at the most serious patient issue.

Answer to Question 2

C
Home health psychiatric nurses are involved in case management for persons who are demented and live alone. Services provided by home health psychiatric nurses include primary prevention, secondary prevention, and tertiary prevention.

bclement10

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

dawsa925

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library