Author Question: A patient tells a nurse, My doctor thinks my problem is serious but it can be treated with ... (Read 18 times)

RODY.ELKHALIL

A patient tells a nurse, My doctor thinks my problem is serious but it can be treated with medications. Does that mean I'll always have to be treated with drugs? The nurse replies:

a. How would you feel about being on medications for a lifetime?
  b. What concerns do you have about having a serious mental disorder?
  c. Did your doctor suggest your problem was related to neurotransmitter problems?
  d. What do you know about this condition that the doctor is preparing to treat with medications?

Question 2

A client with chronic lower back pain says, My nurse practitioner told me to check out acupuncture. He said it might help me along with the medications and physical therapy he's ordering for me.

What type of therapy is the nurse practitioner most likely recommending?
  A) Alternative therapy
  B) Complementary therapy
  C) Physiotherapy
  D) Biopsychosocial therapy

harveenkau8139

Answer to Question 1

A
The initial concern expressed by the patient is being prescribed medications for a lifetime. The correct option explores this concern.

Answer to Question 2

B