This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse My doctor thinks my problems with stress relate to the negative way I ... (Read 36 times)

awywial

A patient tells the nurse My doctor thinks my problems with stress relate to the negative way I think about things, and he wants me to learn a new way of thinking.. Which response would be in keeping with the doctor's recommendations?

a. Teaching the patient to recognize, reconsider, and reframe irrational thoughts
  b. Encouraging the patient to imagine being in calming circumstances
  c. Teaching the patient to use instruments that give feedback about bodily functions
  d. Provide the patient with a blank journal and guidance about journaling

Question 2

The client has schizophrenia. He has moved frequently between the community and mental health facilities for the past 7 years. The client's behavior is an example of:

a. Relapse
  b. Recidivism
  c. Remission
  d. Exacerbation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mholman93

Answer to Question 1

A
Cognitive reframing focuses on recognizing and correcting maladaptive patterns of thinking that create stress or interfere with coping. Cognitive reframing involves recognizing the habit of thinking about a situation or issue in a fixed, irrational, and unquestioning manner. Helping the patient to recognize and reframe (reword) such thoughts so that they are realistic and accurate promotes coping and reduces stress. Thinking about being in calming circumstances is a form of guided imagery. Instruments that give feedback about bodily functions are used in biofeedback. Journaling is effective for helping to increase self-awareness. However, none of these last three interventions is likely to alter the patient's manner of thinking.

Answer to Question 2

B
Recidivism remains a problem for both health care professionals and their clients. Coordinating care between the community and the institution helps to reduce the number of admissions to facilities. Relapse refers to the return to maladaptive behavior; remission is a period of partial or complete disappearance of symptoms; and exacerbation refers to the reoccurrence of symptoms.

awywial

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library