This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse My doctor thinks my problems with stress relate to the negative way I ... (Read 37 times)

awywial

A patient tells the nurse My doctor thinks my problems with stress relate to the negative way I think about things, and he wants me to learn a new way of thinking.. Which response would be in keeping with the doctor's recommendations?

a. Teaching the patient to recognize, reconsider, and reframe irrational thoughts
  b. Encouraging the patient to imagine being in calming circumstances
  c. Teaching the patient to use instruments that give feedback about bodily functions
  d. Provide the patient with a blank journal and guidance about journaling

Question 2

The client has schizophrenia. He has moved frequently between the community and mental health facilities for the past 7 years. The client's behavior is an example of:

a. Relapse
  b. Recidivism
  c. Remission
  d. Exacerbation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mholman93

Answer to Question 1

A
Cognitive reframing focuses on recognizing and correcting maladaptive patterns of thinking that create stress or interfere with coping. Cognitive reframing involves recognizing the habit of thinking about a situation or issue in a fixed, irrational, and unquestioning manner. Helping the patient to recognize and reframe (reword) such thoughts so that they are realistic and accurate promotes coping and reduces stress. Thinking about being in calming circumstances is a form of guided imagery. Instruments that give feedback about bodily functions are used in biofeedback. Journaling is effective for helping to increase self-awareness. However, none of these last three interventions is likely to alter the patient's manner of thinking.

Answer to Question 2

B
Recidivism remains a problem for both health care professionals and their clients. Coordinating care between the community and the institution helps to reduce the number of admissions to facilities. Relapse refers to the return to maladaptive behavior; remission is a period of partial or complete disappearance of symptoms; and exacerbation refers to the reoccurrence of symptoms.

awywial

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library