This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells a nurse, My doctor says my problem may be with the neurotransmitters in my brain but ... (Read 25 times)

maegan_martin

A patient tells a nurse, My doctor says my problem may be with the neurotransmitters in my brain but I don't understand what that means.. The nurse responds:

a. Let's begin with exploring what your doctor has told you about your problem..
  b. We should start with a discussion about any concerns you have about having a neurotransmitter disorder..
  c. First let me say that neurotransmitter problems can usually be treated or cured with medication therapy..
  d. What you need to understand is that neurotransmitters are chemical messengers in the brain responsible for brain communication..

Question 2

Short-term goals related to substance abstinence include which of the following? (Select all that apply.)

a. The patient will make a daily commitment to abstain..
  b. The patient will attend at least two support group meetings weekly..
  c. The patient will focus on improving the quality of the relationship with a significant other..
  d. The patient will call a supportive person when experiencing an urge to use an addictive substance..
  e. The patient will commit to provide support to others expressing an interest and need to abstain from addictive substances..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

morganmarie791

Answer to Question 1

A
The correct option assesses the patient's understanding of his condition, the initial step in any educationally focused discussion. None of the remaining optionsdefining the role of a neurotransmitter, exploring the patient's concerns, or providing an explanation of a typical treatment planaddress the patient's question concerning a lack of understanding.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, D, E
Initial short-term goals related to abstinence should focus on self. Relationships, job, education, and other issues should be deferred unless they are roadblocks to recovery since that will focus attention on the immediate problem.

maegan_martin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library