This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client who is undergoing electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) treatment awakens 2 hours before the ECT ... (Read 38 times)

Sportsfan2111

A client who is undergoing electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) treatment awakens 2 hours before the ECT begins, and asks, Can I please get something to eat? I missed dinner last night because I wasn't feeling well.

Which is the most appropriate nursing response?
  A) Go ahead and grab something light, such as crackers.
  B) You'll need to ask the doctor. He'll be in shortly.
  C) You may eat something, but avoid anything containing tyramine, such as aged meats and cheeses.
  D) I realize you are very hungry, but you cannot eat before treatment because it can lead to complications.

Question 2

A female client is currently living in a shelter with her four children after escaping her abusive husband. Early in her stay, the client attends but does not participate in the support group held for the residents.

One week later, the client speaks up and appropriately confronts another peer who has stolen her hairbrush. Which response to the client's actions is the best example of nursing feedback?
  A) You can't trust a thief. As long as we are all living under one roof, we need to respect one another.
  B) This is the first time I have heard you speak up in group. You handled this situation in an assertive and effective manner.
  C) You need to use your assertiveness skills in your relationship with your husband.
  D) Remember three weeks ago when you failed to confront the other roommate? Well, I just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with your improvement.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

recede

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library