This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is performing an admission interview of a Native American client. When interviewing this ... (Read 26 times)

D2AR0N

A nurse is performing an admission interview of a Native American client. When interviewing this client, which characteristic, relating to individuals of the Native American culture, should the nurse anticipate?

A) Most Native Americans are warm and outgoing.
  B) Touch is a common form of communication.
  C) Primary social organizations are family and tribe.
  D) Most Native Americans are future-oriented.

Question 2

An 18-year-old client is rejected after applying to several Ivy League colleges. The client tells a nurse, I guess I'll just have to forget about going to college. I'm just not good enough.

Which nursing response would assist the college student in using problem-solving?
  A) Let's look at your options for what to do now.
  B) I know you are feeling unhappy now, but things will get better.
  C) Tell me what you are thinking now.
  D) When you start to think about the rejections, I want you to think about something else.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lorealeza

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library