This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is performing an admission interview of a Native American client. When interviewing this ... (Read 30 times)

D2AR0N

A nurse is performing an admission interview of a Native American client. When interviewing this client, which characteristic, relating to individuals of the Native American culture, should the nurse anticipate?

A) Most Native Americans are warm and outgoing.
  B) Touch is a common form of communication.
  C) Primary social organizations are family and tribe.
  D) Most Native Americans are future-oriented.

Question 2

An 18-year-old client is rejected after applying to several Ivy League colleges. The client tells a nurse, I guess I'll just have to forget about going to college. I'm just not good enough.

Which nursing response would assist the college student in using problem-solving?
  A) Let's look at your options for what to do now.
  B) I know you are feeling unhappy now, but things will get better.
  C) Tell me what you are thinking now.
  D) When you start to think about the rejections, I want you to think about something else.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lorealeza

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library