This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who is diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder is constantly using the call light ... (Read 29 times)

altibaby

A patient who is diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder is constantly using the call light or following the nursing staff into other patient's rooms to ask, Are you sure I look good? You know they can't get along without me at work.

When can I leave here? As the nurse caring for this patient, one of your goals for the patient will include all of the following except:
  A) The patient will express reality about self-image.
  B) The patient will require decreasing reinforcements from nursing staff.
  C) The patient will acknowledge the feelings of others.
  D) The patient will not be introspective about his or her condition.

Question 2

A 65-year-old female patient is admitted to your unit following an unsuccessful suicide attempt. She has a long history of depressive disorders. Medication and therapy have been unsuccessful for her. She is scheduled to begin ECT.

You patient teaching for this patient should include:
  A) ECT will finally cure your symptoms
  B) You can expect some permanent memory loss from the ECT.
  C) Only one of these treatments if usually required to eliminate depressive symptoms.
  D) You will most likely feel confused for a few hours when you wake up from the ECT.