This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who is diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder is constantly using the call light ... (Read 30 times)

altibaby

A patient who is diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder is constantly using the call light or following the nursing staff into other patient's rooms to ask, Are you sure I look good? You know they can't get along without me at work.

When can I leave here? As the nurse caring for this patient, one of your goals for the patient will include all of the following except:
  A) The patient will express reality about self-image.
  B) The patient will require decreasing reinforcements from nursing staff.
  C) The patient will acknowledge the feelings of others.
  D) The patient will not be introspective about his or her condition.

Question 2

A 65-year-old female patient is admitted to your unit following an unsuccessful suicide attempt. She has a long history of depressive disorders. Medication and therapy have been unsuccessful for her. She is scheduled to begin ECT.

You patient teaching for this patient should include:
  A) ECT will finally cure your symptoms
  B) You can expect some permanent memory loss from the ECT.
  C) Only one of these treatments if usually required to eliminate depressive symptoms.
  D) You will most likely feel confused for a few hours when you wake up from the ECT.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ashley I

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library