Author Question: The charge nurse asks you to admit Mr. P. The flu is running rampant through the unit and you are ... (Read 19 times)

JMatthes

The charge nurse asks you to admit Mr. P. The flu is running rampant through the unit and you are very short staffed. The nurse then asks you to do the assessment and full nursing process for Mr. P. You are an LPN/LVN.

Your response to the charge nurse is: (SELECT ALL ANSWERS THAT APPLY)
  A) I am only an LPN/LVN. I am not allowed to 'assess.'
  B) I would be happy to orient Mr. P and begin data collection.
  C) I will be happy to work with you or the RN on this patient's nursing process.
  D) You know that is not in my scope of practice.
  E) How quickly do you need it done?
  F) May I have a nurse's aide to assist me?

Question 2

A young mother is crying and states that she is a bad mother because she has to leave her preschool-aged child at day care. Which of the following would be your therapeutic response to her?

A) Oh, you'll get over that feeling in a few days.
  B) Lots of mothers do that. Why do you feel like a bad mother?
  C) The people at day care are licensed. Your child is in good hands.
  D) It must be difficult to leave your child, but this may be a good opportunity for him or her to learn how to interact with peers.

jennafosdick

Answer to Question 1

B, C

Answer to Question 2

D