This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with anorexia nervosa is talking with the nurse. The client states, How do I learn to be a ... (Read 54 times)

iveyjurea

A client with anorexia nervosa is talking with the nurse. The client states, How do I learn to be a normal person? When updating the client's plan of care, what would be the most important nursing action to include?

A) Use a firm and supportive approach to eating and related behaviors.
  B) Provide ways to reinforce the client's strengths and positive attributes.
  C) Assist the client in setting practical limits on expectations for self-standards.
  D) Avoid discussions that focus on food and weight.

Question 2

A client on an eating disorder unit is scheduled to have a family therapy session tomorrow. The goal of the scheduled session is to educate the family. The family calls and tells the nurse that they cannot make it to the scheduled session.

What is the most appropriate intervention for the nurse at this time?
  A) Comfort the client.
  B) Encourage the family to participate in education about the client's disorder and family processes.
  C) Tell the family that they are impeding the client's recovery process.
  D) Call the social worker to enlist his or her help with the family.