Author Question: The nurse is talking with a client who has a diagnosis of substance abuse. The client states, I ... (Read 39 times)

jparksx

The nurse is talking with a client who has a diagnosis of substance abuse. The client states, I don't know what to do to handle the stress in my life that makes me want to take drugs.

Based on the client's statement, what expected outcome would the nurse identify when updating the client's plan of care?
  A) Identifies alternative coping mechanisms
  B) Verbalizes understanding of substance abuse
  C) Demonstrates increased feelings of self-worth
  D) Demonstrates efforts at positive change

Question 2

What is an appropriate expected outcome for a client in the recovery phase of substance abuse?

A) Recognizes that problems may occur with the use of the substance
  B) Recognizes that external factors are not always the cause for substance use
  C) Identifies codependent behaviors in the immediate family
  D) Identifies the drug as a problem and takes ownership of the problem

makaylafy

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library