This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client seeking detoxification after a family intervention session tells the nurse My husband told ... (Read 24 times)

Zoey63294

A client seeking detoxification after a family intervention session tells the nurse My husband told
  me I am no companion to him because I am always drunk. My daughter told me she cannot bring
  friends home because my behavior embarrasses her.

They say I do not care about anyone and that
  they have to be responsible for all the things I once did.. The nurse should consider the nursing
  diagnosis of
  a. self-care deficit.
  b. activity intolerance.
  c. ineffective health maintenance.
  d. interrupted family processes.

Question 2

A client tells the nurse I want to have the type of massage that makes use of acupressure points.
  What sort of practitioner should I try to find? The nurse should advise the client to seek a
  practitioner of

a. Swedish massage.
  b. shiatsu massage.
  c. rolfing.
  d. reflexology.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tonyam972

Answer to Question 1

D
The client describes a change in family relationships and functioning associated with family tasks,
mutual support, and availability for intimacy, each of which is a defining characteristic for this
nursing diagnosis. Defining characteristics for the other options are not present in the scenario.

Answer to Question 2

B
Shiatsu massage applies pressure by massaging various parts of the body identified as acupressure
points. Option A: Swedish massage provides relaxation and increases circulation but does not focus
on acupressure points. Option C: Rolfing focuses on connective tissue fascia. Option D: Reflexology
focuses on the foot.

Zoey63294

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library