This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A young client tells the nurse that her husband died 3 months ago, and she's feeling alone and ... (Read 123 times)

leo leo

A young client tells the nurse that her husband died 3 months ago, and she's feeling alone and vulnerable. Which statement by the client indicates that her coping skills are adequate?

A) I can't understand why this happened to me.
  B) I'm mentally healthy. I can solve my own problems.
  C) I will find a support group.
  D) What can I do? My husband abandoned me.

Question 2

The nurse assesses a client as experiencing maladaptive grieving. Which of the following factors confirms the nurse's assessment?

A. The client's spouse died 12 months ago.
  B. The client still cries when recalling memories of the deceased.
  C. The client reports feelings of worthlessness.
  D. The client reports intermittent anxiety.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

irishcancer18

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback: Finding a support group indicates that the client recognizes her need for help and is taking action to get the support she needs. Answers A, B, and D are not indications that the client's coping skills are adequate for the situation.

Answer to Question 2

C
Several authors identify loss of self-esteem as the differentiating factor between normal and maladaptive grieving. The length of time needed to grieve is variable, so it is difficult to establish a time frame as indicative of maladaptive grief.

leo leo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library