This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A young adult pregnant client tells the nurse that she and her husband are going to a 50th wedding ... (Read 30 times)

SO00

A young adult pregnant client tells the nurse that she and her husband are going to a 50th wedding anniversary party for her grandparents this weekend. The client asks the nurse if it will be okay to have a few glasses of wine at the party. Which response

A) Drinking a few glasses of wine will not be a problem.
  B) Alcohol during pregnancy can cause the baby to be born without limbs.
  C) Drinking any alcoholic beverages during pregnancy puts your baby at risk for injury.
  D) Wine is acceptable but not hard liquor.

Question 2

The nurse provides a wellness program to a group of pregnant adolescents at risk for substance abuse. Which participant statement indicates that teaching has been effective?

A) Drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana can harm my baby.
  B) I need to take good care of myself by participating in vigorous exercise.
  C) My anemia and eating mostly fast food are not important.
  D) I should seek prenatal care at some point in the pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kswal303

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Drinking any alcohol, no matter what type and what quantity, during pregnancy increases the risk for accidents and damage to the infant. Mothers are encouraged to drink no alcohol at all during pregnancy. Wine can put the mother and fetus at risk as much as hard liquor.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

Pregnant adolescents are at great risk for complications such as pregnancy-induced hypertension, anemia, preterm birth, low-birth-weight infants, and fetal harm from cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, or the use of street drugs. Early and regular prenatal care is the best intervention to prevent complications or to detect them early, to minimize the harm to both the teen and her fetus. Pregnant adolescents are at great risk for complications such as anemia. Vigorous exercise would not necessarily promote a healthy pregnancy and does not indicate an understanding of the increased risk for an adolescent who is at risk for substance abuse.

SO00

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library