This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A young adult pregnant client tells the nurse that she and her husband are going to a 50th wedding ... (Read 31 times)

SO00

A young adult pregnant client tells the nurse that she and her husband are going to a 50th wedding anniversary party for her grandparents this weekend. The client asks the nurse if it will be okay to have a few glasses of wine at the party. Which response

A) Drinking a few glasses of wine will not be a problem.
  B) Alcohol during pregnancy can cause the baby to be born without limbs.
  C) Drinking any alcoholic beverages during pregnancy puts your baby at risk for injury.
  D) Wine is acceptable but not hard liquor.

Question 2

The nurse provides a wellness program to a group of pregnant adolescents at risk for substance abuse. Which participant statement indicates that teaching has been effective?

A) Drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana can harm my baby.
  B) I need to take good care of myself by participating in vigorous exercise.
  C) My anemia and eating mostly fast food are not important.
  D) I should seek prenatal care at some point in the pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kswal303

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Drinking any alcohol, no matter what type and what quantity, during pregnancy increases the risk for accidents and damage to the infant. Mothers are encouraged to drink no alcohol at all during pregnancy. Wine can put the mother and fetus at risk as much as hard liquor.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

Pregnant adolescents are at great risk for complications such as pregnancy-induced hypertension, anemia, preterm birth, low-birth-weight infants, and fetal harm from cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, or the use of street drugs. Early and regular prenatal care is the best intervention to prevent complications or to detect them early, to minimize the harm to both the teen and her fetus. Pregnant adolescents are at great risk for complications such as anemia. Vigorous exercise would not necessarily promote a healthy pregnancy and does not indicate an understanding of the increased risk for an adolescent who is at risk for substance abuse.

SO00

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library