This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a multifamily psychoeducational family therapy session, a client who has persistent ... (Read 36 times)

frankwu

During a multifamily psychoeducational family therapy session, a client who has persistent
  schizophrenia mentions Sometimes I feel very sad that I will never have a high-level job like my
  brother, who is an executive.

Then I dwell on it, and maybe I should not.. The nurse leader can best
  facilitate discussion of this issue by saying
  a. Grieving for what is lost is a normal part of having a mental disorder..
  b. How have others in the group handled painful feelings like these?
  c. It is often better to focus on our successes rather than our failures..
  d. I wonder if you might also experience feelings of anger and helplessness..

Question 2

When assessing a client who has been given flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), the nurse would expect to
  find that the client demonstrated

a. hypothermia.
  b. hallucinations.
  c. acrophobia.
  d. anterograde amnesia.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tuwy

Answer to Question 1

B
Asking for others to share their experiences will facilitate discussion of an issue. Option A gives
information and may serve to close off discussion of the issue because it sounds final. Option C
implies a discussion of the issue is not appropriate. Option D is inappropriate at this point
considering the client has identified feelings of sadness and seems to have a readiness to explore this
feeling.

Answer to Question 2

D
Flunitrazepam is also known as the date rape drug because it produces disinhibition and relaxation
of voluntary muscles as well as anterograde amnesia for events that occur. The other options do not
reflect symptoms commonly seen after use of this drug.

frankwu

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library