This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a multifamily psychoeducational family therapy session, a client who has persistent ... (Read 37 times)

frankwu

During a multifamily psychoeducational family therapy session, a client who has persistent
  schizophrenia mentions Sometimes I feel very sad that I will never have a high-level job like my
  brother, who is an executive.

Then I dwell on it, and maybe I should not.. The nurse leader can best
  facilitate discussion of this issue by saying
  a. Grieving for what is lost is a normal part of having a mental disorder..
  b. How have others in the group handled painful feelings like these?
  c. It is often better to focus on our successes rather than our failures..
  d. I wonder if you might also experience feelings of anger and helplessness..

Question 2

When assessing a client who has been given flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), the nurse would expect to
  find that the client demonstrated

a. hypothermia.
  b. hallucinations.
  c. acrophobia.
  d. anterograde amnesia.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tuwy

Answer to Question 1

B
Asking for others to share their experiences will facilitate discussion of an issue. Option A gives
information and may serve to close off discussion of the issue because it sounds final. Option C
implies a discussion of the issue is not appropriate. Option D is inappropriate at this point
considering the client has identified feelings of sadness and seems to have a readiness to explore this
feeling.

Answer to Question 2

D
Flunitrazepam is also known as the date rape drug because it produces disinhibition and relaxation
of voluntary muscles as well as anterograde amnesia for events that occur. The other options do not
reflect symptoms commonly seen after use of this drug.

frankwu

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

olderstudent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library