This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which example of behavior within a family system would be assessed as double-bind communication? ... (Read 9 times)

cabate

Which example of behavior within a family system would be assessed as double-bind
  communication?

a. A mother tells her daughter I do not want you to go to the mall with Sandra
  today..
  b. A daughter tells her father I feel as though you are treating me like a baby when
  you tell me I must be home by 10 PM on a school night..
  c. A son tells his mother You worry too much about what might happen..
  d. A wife tells her husband You go ahead and go bowling. If it is necessary, I will
  try to manage getting up and going to the bathroom with my crutches..

Question 2

Which client would benefit most from a symptom management group focusing on relapse
  prevention?

a. A middle-aged woman with chronic schizophrenia
  b. An elderly man with early symptoms of dementia
  c. A teenage boy with obsessive-compulsive disorder
  d. A woman experiencing rape trauma syndrome

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

diesoon

Answer to Question 1

D
Option D suggests the wife may not be entirely comfortable getting up and using the crutches to get
to the bathroom and would actually prefer that the husband stayed home to help her. This remark
places the husband in a double bind, a situation in which no acceptable response exists. The husband
is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.. Options A, B, and C are clear, direct
communications.

Answer to Question 2

A
The goal for a symptom management group is that members will learn coping skills from each other,
such as relapse prevention for clients with chronic schizophrenia by developing a plan for action at
the first sign of losing control. Option B: Relapse prevention is not possible. Options C and D:
Relapse prevention may not be the best focus for these clients. A more meaningful focus might be
increased control over symptomatic behaviors.

cabate

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

AngeliqueG

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library