This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which example of behavior within a family system would be assessed as double-bind communication? ... (Read 10 times)

cabate

Which example of behavior within a family system would be assessed as double-bind
  communication?

a. A mother tells her daughter I do not want you to go to the mall with Sandra
  today..
  b. A daughter tells her father I feel as though you are treating me like a baby when
  you tell me I must be home by 10 PM on a school night..
  c. A son tells his mother You worry too much about what might happen..
  d. A wife tells her husband You go ahead and go bowling. If it is necessary, I will
  try to manage getting up and going to the bathroom with my crutches..

Question 2

Which client would benefit most from a symptom management group focusing on relapse
  prevention?

a. A middle-aged woman with chronic schizophrenia
  b. An elderly man with early symptoms of dementia
  c. A teenage boy with obsessive-compulsive disorder
  d. A woman experiencing rape trauma syndrome

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

diesoon

Answer to Question 1

D
Option D suggests the wife may not be entirely comfortable getting up and using the crutches to get
to the bathroom and would actually prefer that the husband stayed home to help her. This remark
places the husband in a double bind, a situation in which no acceptable response exists. The husband
is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.. Options A, B, and C are clear, direct
communications.

Answer to Question 2

A
The goal for a symptom management group is that members will learn coping skills from each other,
such as relapse prevention for clients with chronic schizophrenia by developing a plan for action at
the first sign of losing control. Option B: Relapse prevention is not possible. Options C and D:
Relapse prevention may not be the best focus for these clients. A more meaningful focus might be
increased control over symptomatic behaviors.

cabate

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library