Author Question: The statements by a client that would give the nurse information that pertains to spiritual ... (Read 22 times)

londonang

The statements by a client that would give the nurse information that pertains to spiritual assessment
  include (more than one answer may be correct)

A. I think I can trust the doctor to prescribe enough medication to keep me comfortable in the
  days to come..
  B. I have prepared advance directives to spare my children the need to make difficult decisions..
  C. I plan to use these last weeks to experience the process of dying as fully as I experienced the
  richness of living..
  D. I find that listening to hymns helps deepen my relaxation and the relief I get from my pain
  medication..

Question 2

The question of highest priority a nurse should ask a newly admitted client with a history of alcohol
  abuse is

a. Has drinking caused you any problems?
  b. Have you ever had blackouts?
  c. When did you take your last drink?
  d. When did you decide to seek treatment?

Chou

Answer to Question 1

C, D
Rationale: Option C suggests the individual will find meaning in the process of dying as he or she
has found growth potential in all life's events. This equates to the motif identified as quest. Option
D identifies an activity that connects the client to his or her beliefs and is helpful in calming
anxieties. The other options are not as directly related to spiritual aspects.

Answer to Question 2

C
Learning when the client had the last drink is essential to knowing when to begin to observe for
symptoms of withdrawal. The other questions are relevant but of lower priority.