Author Question: Which statements by a terminally ill patient provide information to the nurse relevant to spiritual ... (Read 18 times)

EY67

Which statements by a terminally ill patient provide information to the nurse relevant to spiritual assessment? Select all that apply.

a. I feel an inner peace with my decision to use hospice services..
  b. I prepared advance directives to spare my children the need to make difficult decisions..
  c. Listening to hymns helps deepen my relaxation and the relief I get from my pain medication..
  d. I plan to use these last weeks to experience the process of dying as fully as I experienced the richness of living..
  e. I can trust the health care provider to prescribe enough medication to keep me comfortable in the days to come..

Question 2

Place in proper chronological order the steps in the process of growing as a result of failure. (Separate letters by a comma and space as follows: A, B, C, D, E, F, G.)

A. Consider one's failure as a learning experience.
  B. Give oneself permission to fail.
  C. Understand that failure is a necessary part of change.
  D. Discover opportunities that are created by failure.

Jossy

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C, D
Spirituality encompasses finding meaning in the process of living and dying, as well as hope and inner peace. Listening to hymns identifies an activity that connects the patient to his or her beliefs and is helpful in calming anxieties. The distracter does not relate directly to spirituality.

Answer to Question 2

C, B, A, D
For a person to grow, he or she must take risks. Taking risks allows the possibility that failure may occur. It is important to educate clients and to ensure that they understand that failure is not a negative occurrence; rather, it provides the opportunity for change.