This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client tells the nurse I always buy St. John's wort manufactured by Company X so I know what I ... (Read 15 times)

HCHenry

A client tells the nurse I always buy St. John's wort manufactured by Company X so I know what I
  am getting.. The best response for the nurse would be

a. That is fine. This will ensure continuity of therapy..
  b. That is not really necessary because industry standards exist..
  c. No manufacturing standards exist, so you may get variations even from
  Company X..
  d. You should really use a drug rather than an herbal preparation to treat your
  depression..

Question 2

The nurse can identify scapegoating as occurring within a family when

a. the family members project the inadequacies of the family onto one particular
  family member.
  b. messages of hostility are sent by the identified patient to family members.
  c. the identified patient threatens separation to induce feelings of isolation and
  despair.
  d. family members use nonverbal techniques to disguise or qualify the meaning of
  verbal messages.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shaikhs

Answer to Question 1

C
No standards for preparation of herbal remedies exist, so dosages may vary widely even in
preparations made by one company. Option A: Continuity is not guaranteed. Option D is not
advisable because it does not recognize the importance of the alternative treatment to the client.

Answer to Question 2

A
Scapegoating is defined as blaming family problems on a member of the family who is not very
powerful. The purpose of the blaming is to keep the focus off the painful issues and problems of the
blamers. The behaviors described in options B and C are dysfunctional behaviors that have no
specific name. Option D refers to a double bind.

HCHenry

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library