This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client mentions to the nurse Everyone says we should sleep 8 hours a night. I can only sleep 6 ... (Read 30 times)

erika

A client mentions to the nurse Everyone says we should sleep 8 hours a night. I can only sleep 6
  hours, no matter how hard I try. Am I doing harm to my body? The best response for the nurse to
  make is

a. Tell me the things you have done to try to increase your total sleep hours..
  b. If you have really tried it all, perhaps you should consult with your physician..
  c. Lack of sleep does act as a stressor on the body and can cause physical changes..
  d. If you function well with 6 hours sleep, you are what is called a short sleeper.'

Question 2

The statement about aging that provides a rationale for focused assessment for elderly clients is that

a. the majority of elderly are demented.
  b. the elderly are often socially isolated and lonely.
  c. the senses of vision, hearing, touch, taste, and smell decline with age.
  d. as people age, they become more rigid in their thinking and more set in their
  ways.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Brenm

Answer to Question 1

D
Some individuals require less sleep than others. Those who need less are called short sleepers,
compared with long sleepers, who require more than 8 hours. Options A and B do not provide
information the client is seeking. Option C is not strictly true in all cases.

Answer to Question 2

C
Only option C is a true statement. It cues the nurse to assess carefully elderly client sensory function.
Correcting vision and hearing are critical to providing safe care. Options A, B, and D are myths
about aging.

erika

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

nguyenhoanhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library