This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly admitted hospice client tells the nurse I am dying, but I am still living. I want to be in ... (Read 31 times)

dollx

A newly admitted hospice client tells the nurse I am dying, but I am still living. I want to be in
  control as long as I possibly can be.. A reply that indicates the nurse was actively listening is

a. Our staff will do the best they can to make you feel comfortable..
  b. Most people do not know what to do to help. Try not to be hard on them..
  c. You want people to stop focusing exclusively on your weaknesses..
  d. Your mind and spirit are healthy, although your body is weak..

Question 2

The nurse sees a client with coronary artery disease 3 months after stenting.

The client states he is
  doing great.. He indicates he has read of the benefits of alcohol on coronary artery disease and has
  incorporated this theory into his lifestyle. When asked describe his lifestyle, he mentions he arises at
  9 AM, has a bloody Mary, works at his computer until lunch and again after lunch, enjoys a couple
  of Manhattans before dinner, has a good dinner with some red wine and then finishes the bottle of
  wine during the evening. The nurse can make the assessment that the client is
  a. at risk for substance abuse disorder.
  b. grieving for lost abilities.
  c. self-medicating for anxiety.
  d. using protective denial.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

akemokai

Answer to Question 1

D
The client is asking for acknowledgment that he is not totally sick, that even in his terminal state he
has strengths and capabilities. Option D provides that acknowledgment. The other responses are
tangential.

Answer to Question 2

A
The client is drinking excessively and is at risk for developing alcoholism. The scenario does not
provide data to suggest that any of the other options is correct.

dollx

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

isabelt_18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library