This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly admitted hospice client tells the nurse I am dying, but I am still living. I want to be in ... (Read 33 times)

dollx

A newly admitted hospice client tells the nurse I am dying, but I am still living. I want to be in
  control as long as I possibly can be.. A reply that indicates the nurse was actively listening is

a. Our staff will do the best they can to make you feel comfortable..
  b. Most people do not know what to do to help. Try not to be hard on them..
  c. You want people to stop focusing exclusively on your weaknesses..
  d. Your mind and spirit are healthy, although your body is weak..

Question 2

The nurse sees a client with coronary artery disease 3 months after stenting.

The client states he is
  doing great.. He indicates he has read of the benefits of alcohol on coronary artery disease and has
  incorporated this theory into his lifestyle. When asked describe his lifestyle, he mentions he arises at
  9 AM, has a bloody Mary, works at his computer until lunch and again after lunch, enjoys a couple
  of Manhattans before dinner, has a good dinner with some red wine and then finishes the bottle of
  wine during the evening. The nurse can make the assessment that the client is
  a. at risk for substance abuse disorder.
  b. grieving for lost abilities.
  c. self-medicating for anxiety.
  d. using protective denial.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

akemokai

Answer to Question 1

D
The client is asking for acknowledgment that he is not totally sick, that even in his terminal state he
has strengths and capabilities. Option D provides that acknowledgment. The other responses are
tangential.

Answer to Question 2

A
The client is drinking excessively and is at risk for developing alcoholism. The scenario does not
provide data to suggest that any of the other options is correct.

dollx

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library