Author Question: A victim of a sexual assault occurring approximately 1 hour ago is sitting in the emergency ... (Read 15 times)

tiara099

A victim of a sexual assault occurring approximately 1 hour ago is sitting in the emergency
  department cubicle, rocking back and forth and repeating over and over I cannot believe he raped
  me..

This behavior should be assessed as characteristic of
  a. the controlled impact reaction to rape-trauma syndrome.
  b. the angry stage of rape-trauma syndrome.
  c. the delayed reaction to rape-trauma syndrome.
  d. phobic reaction to rape-trauma syndrome.

Question 2

A client who came to her previous outpatient therapy appointment obviously intoxicated tells the
  nurse I could not help what happened last week. I am an alcoholic and cannot control my drinking..
  The client is using

a. denial.
  b. projection.
  c. rationalization.
  d. selective attention.

helenmarkerine

Answer to Question 1

A
The victim's response is controlled rather than uncontrolled. Her response is immediate and does not
include a display of anger or the development of a phobia.

Answer to Question 2

C
The client is making excuses for her behavior, saying she is not responsible because she is an
alcoholic. Option A: Denial would call for her to say she has no problem. Option B: Projection
would have her using blaming behavior. Option D: Selective attention would involve only attending
to what can be coped with to minimize anxiety.