This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After the death of his wife, a man tells the nurse I can never live without her. She was my whole ... (Read 13 times)

tingc95

After the death of his wife, a man tells the nurse I can never live without her. She was my whole
  life.. The most therapeutic reply for the nurse to make is

a. Remember, she is no longer suffering..
  b. Her death is a terrible loss for you..
  c. Each day will get a little better..
  d. Your friends will help you cope with this..

Question 2

A client at the crisis clinic has cared for her invalid mother for 10 years. The mother's condition has
  deteriorated, and placement in a nursing home has been recommended by the mother's physician.

The client states she has always seen herself as capable of caring for her mother despite the personal
  sacrifice it requires. To place the mother in a home threatens her value system. The Nursing
  Outcomes Classification outcome of highest relevance for this client with the nursing diagnosis of
  decisional conflict would be
  a. role performance.
  b. decision making.
  c. stress level.
  d. coping.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Athena23

Answer to Question 1

B
A statement that validates the bereaved person's loss is more helpful than banalities and clichs. It
signifies understanding. The other options are clichs.

Answer to Question 2

B
The Nursing Outcomes Classification outcome of decision making is most closely aligned with the
decisional conflict experienced by the client. The relation of the other outcomes to this diagnosis
would be more indirect.

tingc95

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

kswal303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library