Author Question: After the death of his wife, a man says, I can't live without hershe was my whole life.. Select the ... (Read 8 times)

asan beg

After the death of his wife, a man says, I can't live without hershe was my whole life.. Select the nurse's most therapeutic reply.

a. Each day will get a little better..
  b. Her death is a terrible loss for you..
  c. It's important to recognize that she is no longer suffering..
  d. Your friends will help you cope with this change in your life..

Question 2

A nurse performed these actions while caring for patients in an inpatient psychiatric setting.

1 . Removed cuticle scissors from a suicidal patient.
  2 . Helped a patient make an appointment with an attorney.
  3 . In patient's presence, opened a package mailed to patient.
  4 . Remained within arm's length of patient with homicidal ideation.
  5 . Permitted a patient with psychosis to refuse oral psychotropic medication.
  Which action violated patients' rights? (Select all that apply.)
  a. none
  b. 1
  c. 2
  d. 3
  e. 4
  f. 5

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

B
A statement that validates the bereaved person's loss is more helpful than banal clichs. It signifies understanding. The other options are clichs.

Answer to Question 2

A
The patient should be protected against possible harm to self or others. Patients have a right to legal counsel; the nurse has served as an advocate. Patients have rights to send and receive mail and be present during package inspection. Patients have rights to refuse treatment.