This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The feeling experienced by a client that should be assessed by the nurse as most predictive of ... (Read 19 times)

tfester

The feeling experienced by a client that should be assessed by the nurse as most predictive of
  elevated suicide risk is

a. anger.
  b. hopelessness.
  c. elation.
  d. sadness.

Question 2

A client tells the nurse that I'm told that I should reduce the stress in my life, but I have no real idea
  what things create stress for me and no idea of where to start..

The nursing diagnosis the nurse
  should consider for this client is
  a. ineffective coping.
  b. defensive coping.
  c. decisional conflict.
  d. ineffective denial.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

6ana001

Answer to Question 1

B
Of the feelings listed, hopelessness is most closely associated with increased suicide risk.
Depression, aggression, impulsivity, and shame are other feelings noted as risk factors for suicide.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Only Option A relates to the data given. The definition of this nursing diagnosis is the inability to
form a valid appraisal of the stressors, inadequate choices of practiced responses, or inability to use
available resources. Option B: Defensive coping involves projection of a falsely positive
self-evaluation based on a self-protective pattern that defends against underlying perceived threats to
positive self-regard. Option C: Decisional conflict speaks to uncertainty about the course of action to
be taken when the choice among competing actions involves risk, loss, or challenge to personal life
values. Option D: Ineffective denial suggests attempts to disavow the knowledge or meaning of an
event to reduce anxiety, which lead to the detriment of health.

6ana001

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library