This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A rape victim tells the emergency room nurse I feel so dirty. Please let me take a shower before the ... (Read 45 times)

appyboo

A rape victim tells the emergency room nurse I feel so dirty. Please let me take a shower before the
  doctor examines me. I just cannot stand being so filthy.. The nurse should

a. arrange for the client to shower.
  b. give the client a basin of hot water and towels.
  c. explain that washing would destroy evidence.
  d. explain that bathing facilities are not available in the emergency department.

Question 2

A client admits himself to an alcoholism rehabilitation program.

During the third week of treatment,
  his wife tells the nurse that once her husband is discharged from the alcoholism rehabilitation
  program, she is sure everything will be just fine.. Which remark by the nurse will be most helpful
  to the client's wife?
  a. It is good that you are supportive of your husband's sobriety and want to help
  him maintain it..
  b. While your husband's sobriety solves some problems, new ones may come to
  light as he adjusts to living without alcohol..
  c. It will be important for you to structure his life to avoid as much stress as you
  can. You will need to protect him..
  d. Remember, your husband is basically a self-destructive person. You will need to
  observe his behavior carefully..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

javimendoza7

Answer to Question 1

C
As uncomfortable as the client may be, she should not bathe until the physician's examination is
completed. The collection of evidence is critical if she is to be successful in court. Options A and B
will result in destruction of evidence. Option D is not true.

Answer to Question 2

B
During recovery, clients identify and use alternative coping mechanisms to reduce reliance on
alcohol. Physical adaptations must occur. Emotional responses, formerly dulled by alcohol, are now
fully experienced and may cause considerable anxiety. These changes inevitably have an effect on
the spouse and children, who should be given anticipatory guidance. Option A does not provide
anticipatory guidance. Option C provides inaccurate information. Option D provides inappropriate
instruction.

appyboo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library