This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The most helpful response for the nurse to make when a client being treated as an outpatient states ... (Read 8 times)

wenmo

The most helpful response for the nurse to make when a client being treated as an outpatient states I
  am considering committing suicide is

a. I am glad you shared this. There is nothing to worry about. We will handle it
  together..
  b. We need to talk about the things you have to live for..
  c. I think you should admit yourself to the hospital to get help with this..
  d. Bringing this up is a very positive action on your part..

Question 2

A client admitted for treatment of trauma sustained in a fall while intoxicated believes bugs are
  crawling on the bed. The client is anxious, agitated, and diaphoretic. A nursing diagnosis of high
  priority that should be developed is

a. ineffective health maintenance.
  b. ineffective coping.
  c. ineffective denial.
  d. risk for injury.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Eazy416

Answer to Question 1

D
This response gives the client reinforcement and validation for making a positive response rather
than acting out the suicidal impulse. It gives neither advice nor false reassurance, and it does not
imply stereotypes such as You have a lot to live for.. It uses the client's ambivalence and sets the
stage for more realistic problem solving.

Answer to Question 2

D
The client's clouded sensorium, sensory perceptual distortions, and poor judgment put him at risk
for injury. The scenario does not provide data to support the other diagnoses.

wenmo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

shewald78

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library