This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A disheveled, severely depressed client with psychomotor retardation has not showered for several ... (Read 23 times)

c0205847

A disheveled, severely depressed client with psychomotor retardation has not showered for several
  days. The nurse should

a. avoid forcing the issue.
  b. firmly and neutrally assist the client to shower.
  c. calmly tell the client that he or she must shower or be secluded.
  d. bring the issue up at the community meeting.

Question 2

The statement made by a client with borderline personality disorder that indicates the treatment plan
  is effective is

a. I think you are the best nurse on the unit..
  b. I hate my doctor. He never gives me what I ask for..
  c. I feel empty and want to cut myself so I called you..
  d. I'm never going to get high on drugs again..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

adf223

Answer to Question 1

B
When clients are unable to perform self-care activities, staff must assist them rather than ignore the
issue (option A). Being better groomed increases self-esteem. Options C and D are punitive.

Answer to Question 2

C
Seeking a staff member instead of impulsively self-mutilating shows an adaptive coping strategy.
Option A demonstrates idealization. Option B demonstrates devaluation. Option D demonstrates
wishful thinking.

c0205847

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

skipfourms123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library