This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A disheveled, severely depressed client with psychomotor retardation has not showered for several ... (Read 25 times)

c0205847

A disheveled, severely depressed client with psychomotor retardation has not showered for several
  days. The nurse should

a. avoid forcing the issue.
  b. firmly and neutrally assist the client to shower.
  c. calmly tell the client that he or she must shower or be secluded.
  d. bring the issue up at the community meeting.

Question 2

The statement made by a client with borderline personality disorder that indicates the treatment plan
  is effective is

a. I think you are the best nurse on the unit..
  b. I hate my doctor. He never gives me what I ask for..
  c. I feel empty and want to cut myself so I called you..
  d. I'm never going to get high on drugs again..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

adf223

Answer to Question 1

B
When clients are unable to perform self-care activities, staff must assist them rather than ignore the
issue (option A). Being better groomed increases self-esteem. Options C and D are punitive.

Answer to Question 2

C
Seeking a staff member instead of impulsively self-mutilating shows an adaptive coping strategy.
Option A demonstrates idealization. Option B demonstrates devaluation. Option D demonstrates
wishful thinking.

c0205847

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

deja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library