This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client states I feel detached and weird all the time. It's as though I'm looking at life through a ... (Read 20 times)

casperchen82

A client states I feel detached and weird all the time. It's as though I'm looking at life through a
  cloudy window. Everything seems unreal. These feelings really get in the way of working and
  studying..

The nurse can assess that the client is experiencing
  a. depersonalization disorder.
  b. body dysmorphic disorder.
  c. dissociative amnesia.
  d. hypochondriasis.

Question 2

A client tells the nurse, I was the lone survivor in a small plane crash in which three of my business
  associates were killed. I got anxious and depressed and saw a counselor three times a week for 4
  weeks.

The therapist and I talked about my feelings about being a survivor. I'm OK now, back to
  being my old self.. The nurse can correctly conclude that the type of therapy the client underwent
  was
  a. milieu therapy.
  b. psychoanalysis.
  c. behavior modification.
  d. interpersonal psychotherapy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sierramartinez

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The DSM-IV-TR description of depersonalization disorder states that it involves a persistent or
recurrent experience of feeling detached from and outside one's mental processes or body. Although
reality testing is intact, the experience causes significant impairment in social or occupational
functioning and distress to the individual. Option B: Body dysmorphic disorder involves
preoccupation with a body part the individual believes to be distorted. Option C: Dissociative
amnesia involves memory loss. Option D: Hypochondriasis involves interpretation of body
sensations as symptomatic of a serious illness.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Interpersonal psychotherapy returned the client to his former level of functioning by helping him
come to terms with the loss of friends and guilt over being a survivor. Option A: Milieu therapy
refers to environmental therapy. Option B: Psychoanalysis would call for a long period of
exploration of unconscious material. Option 3C: Behavior modification would focus on changing a
behavior rather than helping the client understand what is going on in his life.

casperchen82

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

hramirez205

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library