Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, This medication makes me feel weird. I don't think I should take it ... (Read 22 times)

clippers!

A patient tells the nurse, This medication makes me feel weird. I don't think I should take it anymore. Do you? Select the nurse's best response.

a. I wonder why you think that.
  b. Tell me how it makes you feel.
  c. One must never stop taking medication.
  d. You need to discuss this with your psychiatrist.

Question 2

A patient excitedly tells the nurse, Look what I made in arts and crafts I did a good job. I want to make some other things too. The nurse may conclude that which part of the patient's nervous system is responsible for processing this reaction?

a. Brainstem
  b. Occipital lobe
  c. Limbic system
  d. Corpus callosum

ryhom

Answer to Question 1

B
As part of the psychopharmacology component of psychotherapeutic management, the responsibility of the nurse is to gather data about patients' responses to medication and to be alert for side and adverse effects of the medication. The other responses are tangential to the real issue.

Answer to Question 2

C
Feelings of pleasure are generated in the brain's limbic system. The exact mechanisms of generating emotions and motivation, however, are unclear. The other structures are not involved in pleasure or motivation processing.