This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suicide in the United States is 1. not a problem. 2. the eleventh leading cause of death. 3. ... (Read 50 times)

bio_gurl

Suicide in the United States is

1. not a problem.
  2. the eleventh leading cause of death.
  3. most prevalent among in the middle-aged.
  4. controlled by the use of antidepressants.

Question 2

A home health nurse visits a patient with COPD who is on constant oxygen therapy and very demanding. The wife has cared for this patient for 6 years. When the nurse asks about her sleep the wife responds, I don't need much sleep anymore.

I must be able to hear if he calls out during the night.. Select the nurse's most therapeutic response. a. It sounds like you are very devoted to your husband..
  b. Your husband is lucky to have you to caring for him rather than being placed in a nursing home..
  c. If you keep going like this, your health will be impaired also. Then who will take care of both you and your husband?
  d. I noticed you fell asleep while I was assessing him. Sleep deprivation can lead to accidents. I'm concerned about both of you..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

soda0602

Answer to Question 1

Suicide is the eleventh leading cause of death in the United States.

Answer to Question 2

D
The correct answer makes an observation, gives important information about safety, and communicates care and compassion for the spouse. The distracters do not invite further dialogue with the wife.

bio_gurl

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

sultana.d

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library