This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Suicide in the United States is 1. not a problem. 2. the eleventh leading cause of death. 3. ... (Read 52 times)

bio_gurl

Suicide in the United States is

1. not a problem.
  2. the eleventh leading cause of death.
  3. most prevalent among in the middle-aged.
  4. controlled by the use of antidepressants.

Question 2

A home health nurse visits a patient with COPD who is on constant oxygen therapy and very demanding. The wife has cared for this patient for 6 years. When the nurse asks about her sleep the wife responds, I don't need much sleep anymore.

I must be able to hear if he calls out during the night.. Select the nurse's most therapeutic response. a. It sounds like you are very devoted to your husband..
  b. Your husband is lucky to have you to caring for him rather than being placed in a nursing home..
  c. If you keep going like this, your health will be impaired also. Then who will take care of both you and your husband?
  d. I noticed you fell asleep while I was assessing him. Sleep deprivation can lead to accidents. I'm concerned about both of you..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

soda0602

Answer to Question 1

Suicide is the eleventh leading cause of death in the United States.

Answer to Question 2

D
The correct answer makes an observation, gives important information about safety, and communicates care and compassion for the spouse. The distracters do not invite further dialogue with the wife.

bio_gurl

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

sultana.d

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library